Find Fun Just 15 Minutes from Home
Find Fun Just 15 Minutes froIt can be hard to find something to do when the weather is uncooperative, especially when the temperatures start to plunge. Luckily, if you live at Williamsburg North, you can find plenty of fun close to home. Here are four destinations about 15 minutes away from our Indianapolis apartments!
The Indianapolis Arts Center has a lot of things to offer to the community. Many people may not realize that it sits on a 12-acre campus!s
- There’s a totally free public outdoor art and nature park called ARTSPARK. Whenever weather permits or you’re willing to brave the elements, you can wander through ARTSPARK and enjoy some outdoor art installations and the natural scenery.
- There are many art classes to choose from featuring all kinds of artistic mediums, including clay, drawing, and fibers. Classes are organized into semesters, and most go for a full 3 months. They also offer tuition assistance if you apply and qualify.
- They sell local artworks online and at community events. Stop by their website to browse the latest offerings or browse their calendar to watch for upcoming art sales or student shows.
This may seem like an odd place to call “fun,” but Crown Hill Cemetery is an extremely unique Indianapolis location. Here are some fun facts you may not know about this local site.
- It is “the largest green-space inside the Indianapolis beltway and the third largest non-government cemetery in the U.S.”
- May through October, you can join in for tours and special events at Crown Hill. Tour guides will share plenty of fun facts about the area and give you some insider knowledge about where you are.
- Crown Hill Cemetery has some famous gravesites you can visit, including President Benjamin Harrison and Colonel Eli Lilly.
This special spot is part of the beautiful campus at Butler University. But you don’t have to be a Butler student to enjoy its many features! Here are some of the highlights.
- The observatory features an impressively large telescope that “is among the ten largest telescopes East of the Mississippi River.”
- They offer Weekend Public Tours most Fridays and Saturdays in the evening, $8 for adults or $5 for children. During your visit, you can watch a film fit for the season that tells you all about the sky you see at night.
- When you take a public or private tour, you’ll get a chance to look through “Indiana’s largest telescope!” Of course, the weather has to cooperate, but you can get a chance to glimpse Jupiter, the Moon, or Saturn in a way you never have before.
Not everyone realizes that one of our presidents had a residence right here in Indianapolis. The best part is that his home has been preserved and the area used to bring history to life for visitors.s
- The site hosts tours of the home every day of the week. Be sure to check for times, and tours begin on the hour. Admission is $12 for adults, $11 for veterans, active military, and seniors, children 5-17 years old and college students with ID can visit for just $7, and anyone 4 years old or under is free!
- The site is expecting a huge makeover over the next few years to expand the experience for visitors and to ensure the home remains well-preserved for future generations. Expect to see plenty of fun new additions as the expansion project begins!
- You can come to the site for unique theatrical experiences through Candlelight Theatre. The best part is that all performances take place “within the 23rd President’s historic mansion, which provides an authentic backdrop.”
Do you want to live closer to all of these incredible Indianapolis sites? Then take a tour of Williamsburg North. We keep you close to all of the incredible experiences the Circle City has to offer. To schedule a tour or get more information, give us a call at (317)-648-5854.s