Season of Fun
Summer sun is beckoning you to head out and enjoy what Indianapolis has to offer. Luckily, Williamsburg North is surrounded by numerous parks and areas that host a variety of events. Check out some of our ideas to maximize your summer experience in and around Indianapolis!
Local Fun for Everyone
Williamsburg North keeps you close to top areas, including Keystone, Castleton, Broad Ripple, and downtown Indianapolis. Check out some summer offerings near you.
• Enjoy a trip in your kayak or canoe down the White River. Be sure to pick an [https://friendsofwhiteriver.org/current-projects/river-maps/ approved launch site]. You can find gear at local shops like Rusted Moon Outfitters.
• Indulge in the thriving arts scene at the Indianapolis Art Center. They offer art classes, host events, and feature an outdoor art park to explore.
• Indianapolis and many surrounding areas have a robust summer concert series for you to check out. This Comprehensive List can help you pick what groups and locations work for you.
For the Kids
Indy Parks and Recreation has 14 different parks offering summer programs for 2021, and Williamsburg North is approximately 20 minutes or less from 7 of them. Each site requires advance registration and offers unique experiences.
• Located about 9 minutes away, Broad Ripple Park has summer day camp opportunities for ages 6-8 and 9-13 that include arts and crafts and special field trips
• Located about 14 minutes away, Frederick Douglass Park has weekly programs for ages 6-12 that include guest presenters and an annual talent show
This is only a small sampling, so learn more from Indy Parks and Recreation.
You may be wondering what kind of fun awaits adults in Indianapolis this summer.
• Alley Eatz is a new event that is an elevated food truck experience. There are cocktails, custom menus, music, and more. Check it out every Saturday this summer, ending July 24th in downtown Indianapolis.
• Miss the old drive-ins? Why not try a Monday Movie Night at Downtown Olly’s? Almost every Monday night from June 7th to October 25th, they will be showing movies in their outdoor, all-weather patio space in downtown Indianapolis. Open to those age 21 and over.
There is no need to stray far from home for summer fun if you live at Williamsburg North. We have many onsite amenities, including a pool, dog park, patios, balconies, and a playground. There’s something for everyone in our community. If you’re ready to move closer to everything Indianapolis has to offer, then give Williamsburg North a call for your personal tour or virtual tour at: (317) 648-5854.