A Makeover for Your Outdoor Space
It’s easy to agree that having an outdoor space is great, especially when you live at Williamsburg North apartments in the fall. Indianapolis’s mild fall temperatures and beautiful colors draw you outside. What’s not so easy is making your outdoor space look good so you actually want to spend time there. After all, you may be confronted with some plain concrete or an area that’s nice but doesn’t have much personality. But that can all change with some quick and easy adjustments and a touch of creativity.
Step 1: Plants
You may be thinking that the outdoors already have plants, but plants are an important part of decorating your space. They provide nuances of texture and color that will make it more visually dynamic. Quick tips:
- If plants are your nemesis, go for succulents rather than annuals or perennials.
- Invest in some hooks that can hang on a railing or wall and create a “plant wall” look.
- Choose a variety of plants to add personality or pick one exceptional plant to keep a modern, minimalist look.
Step 2: Flooring
It’s possible you just read that title twice because you may never have thought “flooring” and “outdoor space” belong in the same sentence. But that’s just not true! There are so many options that can help define your space and add visual interest. Quick tips:
- Try interlocking deck tiles to create boundaries for your space or to cover up your concrete if gray is not your thing.
- Try an outdoor mat with fun colors or a funky pattern to anchor your space.
- When choosing a material for your tiles or mat, go for natural materials to give it a chic, modern appeal.
Step 3: Furniture
This could be the trickiest step if you have a limited amount of space to work with. That’s why you have to be very deliberate about what pieces you pick. Quick tips:
- Go for form and function combined. If you can find a cute piece that fits the space and adds storage, you’ve hit the jackpot.
- Reuse and recycle. You could find a lot of fun pieces at a flea market or thrift store that will look amazing with a quick coat of paint. It’s also an easy way to make sure your area stands out.
- It’s not a race. You may struggle to find that perfect piece right away. You may have to spend some time waiting for the right one to come along, but it will be much better than grabbing whatever you find first.
No matter what, be sure to have fun! There’s nothing better than being proud of your home. When you come home to your apartment at Williamsburg North in Indianapolis, you will have your own patio or balcony to enjoy and turn into a private oasis. Every floor plan features an outdoor space. Want to learn more? Give us a call today! (317)648-5854.